A $300,000 pledge from Girard National Bank and its University Bank locations marked a milestone in the campaign to renovate and expand the Kelce College of Business.

     A ceremonial check was presented last fall at Russ Hall, where some of the more than 30 PSU graduates and students who work at the bank gathered for a photograph on the staircase and listened to remarks from President Steve Scott and Bank President Mark Schifferdecker.

    Kelce College of Business, formed in 1977 as the Center for Business and Economic Development, is now listed among the world’s top 5 percent of business colleges thanks to accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.

    It’s housed in one of the most heavily used buildings on the PSU campus and has more than 1,000 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in business classes each semester. But it requires additional space, and the building is showing its age: originally constructed in 1950 as a high school, its mid-20th Century layout and technology are unable to keep pace with the demands of a 21st Century business degree.